03 April 2011

Endowed with hard cheese

I didn't had the chance to see him nor call him. Perhaps my dad, too didn't know him that well as he only had eight years with him. Nevertheless, I'm sure he's always watching over us and blessing us with goodness. So as usual, we left the house at six in the morning after loading the car with loads of stuffs for the occasion. Reached Port Dickson at around eight, it was still drizzling. We met up with the rest at a kopitiam, warmed ourselves with a hot cup of sweetened milo each. Having such disappointing sense of direction, I am never useful when we're on the road finding places. While the adults were weeding and cleaning up the place, I took a glimpse of his photo on the gravestone. He was so young.. I can't remember what went through me at that moment then mom called out for my help. I was kinda taken aback in a pleasant way, looking at my dad and uncles each doing what they were doing without much questioning as if they have been doing it for a very very long time. Indeed, for a few decades already. Well the kids always get the easiest task, laying colourful coloured papers on the grave. So we chit chatted and joked around, y'know like family.

After that, we went to the beach, my favourite part when comes the Tomb Sweeping Day. My mood got better when the soothing sea breeze brushes my face and I stepped barefooted on the surprisingly scentless sand. My initial plan was not to get into the sea at all but the lil' one kept persuading. So okay, since I didn't bring an extra pair of clothes, I walked into the water cautiously. The sun seriously showed no mercy at all. It was nice..looking at kids playing without worries whatsoever, couples strolling down the beach and splashing water at each other, parents looking over their children, smiling at the cutest moment of the young ones, crazy group of friends racing into the water towards the banana boat, laughing so loud like lunatics, elderly ones barbequeing near their tents, enjoying their meal so lovingly with their other half. So beautiful..

Okay I think I'm in the emo mode. It's that time of the month.. And listening to Owl City over and over again kinda makes me drown into it even deeper. To add on it, my phone has turned its back on me cause it slipped off my palm two days ago. It has gone insane lah :(... :(. Gonna need some chocolates. Chao. =(

Strawberry Avalanche
Butterfly Wings
West Coast Friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment