Anyways, had many weird and funny moments while working/passing time. It was the weekend, many families and friends hit the mall to spend time together or to get their shopping list cut off one by one. On Saturday, there was a bunch of Singaporeans having a shopping spree. Seriously, one look and you could tell they are Singaporeans. So they were looking very amused staring at the toothbrushes and the man asked me, "Got Oral B three sixty ah, three sixty, three sixty. I want medium one. Aiyoh, damn cheap lah here. Singapore ah.. Got or not, three sixty." My god, I didn't know whether to laugh or what. Haha. Then another lady, his friend who saw him buying so many toothbrushes, asked, "Hey miss ah, got Super hard one or not? Soft one not good la, too soft. Got hard one ah?" After that, I had to explain about the Clear Anti-dandruff Shampoo. The man went, "Miss, got any shampoo for my son ah. His hair very oily la. What's that shampoo..Rain advertise one, not this girl(referring to Dee Hsu or Xiao S). Owh, got free bag ah? I want nice colour one ah, don't want so 'niang' one, pink colour..yer." Lol.
And, omg, I got so excited when I saw it. I've been looking around for it since that drama was aired on tv. And so far, I've only seen a miniature of it, a keychain. Nothing like this one, it was the real thing. Exactly the same. Omg.. And that little girl was cuddling it so tightly when she realised I was staring at her. Ahh. It was so adorable, no one could resist I tell you, especially when that girl herself is so cute already, and cuddling it some more. Aww..
Rawh. It was Pig Rabbit. :)
Okay, pulling myself away from that, yesterday, I encountered the 'friendliest' dudes ever. They came in, walked straight to my direction and bombarded me with questions, in Mandarin. :'(. You have no idea how my self esteem is being scrapped down bit by bit every time I need to speak Mandarin. But I've been learning, slowly. There were times I was forced to speak Cantonese and Hokkien too. So that two dudes, lots of Mandarin, too much, too fast. Somehow, I finally got it. Scar reduction gel. One down, one more to go. He wanted something to reduce the oiliness of his face. I recommended Garnier Men, I know about it cause my bro uses it, it's pretty effective. They, they were speaking like I've been their friend for years!, seriously. They tapped my shoulder and elbow, joked around, spoke so loudly, like friends you know. After they paid, they walked away saying bye bye to me. Wow.
Mr. Chong was in yesterday. The random-est conversation again. :)
MC: So you gonna have McDonalds for dinner again? What you usually eat here?
Me: No, my mom brought food just now so..
MC: Wa..homecook food ah.
Me: Nolah, tapao..
MC: Owh okay, the food here.. the food court food sucks! So I usually eat at Subway. *grin*
Me: *eyes wide open* Seriously??
MC: *shakes head**dead serious tone* Seriously. You never tried them before?
Me: No..
MC: You should give it a try some day.
Me: Okay..
The thought of giving food court food a try immediately died and buried. My other workmates often eat there so I thought it wasn't that bad. Better not take the risk. The best part was, he had never heard of Taylor's. He had never ever heard of Taylor's. He knows Sunway, Monash, IMU and not Taylor's. Not a Klang-ite for sure. But..how could.. never mind. Tonight is my greatgrandma's birthday dinner. Guess how old is she. :D. Your eyeballs will pop out. Will blog again about it with pictures, maybe.
I meet many types of people every day and I thought, I don't think I will ever meet the exact same kind of person again, will I. Everyone is special and beautifully different in their own ways. It's impossible to find someone exactly the same with the people we've known before, loved and even hated. Even if we do, our hearts can tell the difference.
The lesson of the day, wrinkle in Mandarin is 'cho wen'. :)
Good day, amigos.

No comments:
Post a Comment